Tuesday 29 January 2013

Abducted 5 Year Old Elsa Salama




My heart breaks for her mother. If you know of anyone who lives in Egypt or has any links to someone in Egypt please pass this story on.

Quote from The Independent, 
"The mother of a five-year-old girl snatched by her father while on a family holiday to Egypt today launched an international appeal for her safe return.
Elsa Salama was taken by her Egyptian father, Tamer Salama, during a visit to his relatives at the Red Sea resort of Sharm El Sheikh 13 months ago and is believed to be being held by his relatives somewhere in Egypt.
Her mother Naomi Button, 39, Salama’s estranged partner, has neither seen nor spoken to her daughter since, and today issued a heartfelt plea to be reunited with her.
Ms Button, a leadership consultant from Leeds, travelled to Egypt four times last year to search for Elsa.
Meanwhile, Salama has been jailed for contempt of court in Britain after failing to comply with a judge’s order to return the girl to the UK.
Ms Button said the past year had been heartbreaking and she was dreading her daughter’s sixth birthday next month, because she feared they would be forced to spend it apart.
“The worst times are when I wake up in the middle of the night,” she said.
“I worry that she’s crying for me. I wonder that she thinks I just left her. I don’t know what she’s been told. I don’t know if she thinks I don’t want her and I just left here in Egypt.”
She added: “Please just let her come home to her mummy. She found it very difficult being away from me for any length of time. I know that she wants to be back home with mummy and I hope that they do the right thing.”

If you have a Twitter account please retweet the following, or something similar, 


EVEN BETTER... Add a post on your blog. 





No comments:

Post a Comment