Friday 9 November 2012

Current favourites


I have a bit of a love for all things animal print and i when Z-palette released their, er palettes i had to have this. 
I hold most of my most worn neutral shades in this version and so far this month i'm loving the lighter shade from Nars' April Fools duo shadow palette in my inner corners and mid eye and than using Urban Decay's YDK and/or Twice Baked as eyeliner and contouring. 

Denman's Zebra Brush had to be included too. How super cute is it! I love Denman brushes, they're a great weight and last for years. 

Another neutral is Maybelline's Colour Tattoo 24 in Bronze On Bronze. I love this because it's a fast and easy to apply eye colour and fit seems to last a long time on my hooded eyes without creasing.

I've discovered the paler two shades on Too Faced's Snow Bunny Bronzer compact are great as a cheek highlighter. I've been addicted to using it the last couple of weeks with my newest Real Techniques purchase, the Expert Face Brush. The brush is a brilliant multi use brush. I've used it for foundation, blusher and as a buffing brush. Such great quality.

An oldie but still a goodie is Garnier's tinted eye roll on. I've been struggling with my thicker concealers under my eyes recently and have gone back to using this because it refreshes my eyes and covers without creasing and leaving a noticeable, 'i've smothered my dark circles with makeup' look.

I've been cleansing off my makeup in the evenings with Superdrug's Vit E hot cloth cleanser this week. I've never tried it before and so far it's making my evening cleansing routine a joy. The cream is soothing and removes all my makeup with more ease than any other hot cloth cleanser i've tried. 
I normally have to wash my face with an add water gel type cleanser after i use hot cloth cleansers purely out of comfort in feeling totally clean, but not this one. It really takes everything off and it's such a great price, i shall be buying more when i pop into town.

Naked Style divine curls serum isn't being used on myself, but i had to add it into my favourites because it's been brilliant for my little girls hair. It's not fab as an anti frizz serum, but it tames enough. The main reason i adore this is because it makes my daughter's hair super smooth and conditioned. I don't really need to add any detangle spray when i style her hair. It's an added bonus for me because it doesn't contain any silicon.

It's nearly Christmas in my house (not including my Husband's opinion). As soon as the clocks changed i'm into Christmas mode. I always change my smelly candles to create an extra cosy feeling when the evenings get darker and i love this Yankee candle home fragrance in Cranberry Orange as to me it says Christmas and cosy.

Last but by no means least, Leighton Denny's Supermodel nail polish. Super flattering shade on any skin tone and i love lighter neutral shades because they go with any outfit and if they do chip it's less noticeable.


2 comments:

  1. The Yankee home spray sounds amazing! I didn't even know they had one out :S Haha! I love Christmas smells, and I'm the same as you - getting ready for Christmas but my boyfriend banned anything Christmassy until 1st of December! BOO!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about writing out our Christmas cards next week. All gifts are purchased and wrapped. My whole family rolls their eyes at me concerning my readiness for the festive season.
    I bought the room spray last year and hadn't used it. Not sure if it's in the stores still?
    Jules x

    ReplyDelete